What else can I do to keep our local creeks healthy?

You can do lots of things to help:

  • Make sure that only clean water flows into the storm drains.
  • Fix vehicles that leak oil or other fluids.
  • Take precautions when changing your oil, or performing similar vehicle maintenance, and prevent oil and other fluids from running down the pavement and into the storm drain system.
  • Wash your vehicle on your lawn or at a local commercial carwash.
  • Don’t litter, and discourage others who do, because debris can clog and contaminate the storm drains.
  • Sweep your sidewalks and driveways before hosing them down.
  • Don’t blow lawn trimmings into the street.
  • Don’t dump anything except clean water into the storm drain.

What are other Bay Area agencies doing collaboratively to help protect San Francisco Bay?

Image of the Golden Gate Bridge from the Marin County side looking towards San Francisco

The health of the San Francisco Bay is impacted by upstream sources

Visit for more info on wise choices for a healthy environment (BayWise website)

If I accidentally overfill my pool, how should I dispose of the excess water?

Run a hose from the output of your pool filtration system to a utility sink or into a sewer pipe cleanout junction. Our sewage system is equipped to process chlorinated water, but our storm drain system is not designed for that.

How should I dispose of household hazardous waste?

You can obtain information about hazardous waste disposal by visiting Solano County Resource Management, or City of Fairfield HHW

How should I discard fats, oils and grease (FOG) contents properly?

Please collect your FOG content in a container and do not pour FOG content down the drain.  If you are a resident of Fairfield or Suisun City, drop off your containers with FOG to your nearest collection center.  Visit for more information.

How should I recycle used oil?

You may call Republic Services, at 707-439-2817 to drop off your Contaminated Used Oil, located at 2901 Industrial Court, Fairfield, CA

Business Hours:  Monday – Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm & Sat 8:00 am-2:00 pm

For Batteries, Paint, Oil and Anti-freeze (BOPA) call 707-439-2800.

What if I see someone dumping trash illegally?

You canCCD – Illegally Dumping report the activity by calling 707-421-7090, Solano County Non-Emergency Dispatch.

How Can I Help Keep our Waterways Clean with my Pet's Flea and Tick Control Medication?


Sawcut Slurry

Stormwater Pollution Prevention Guidelines to Sawcut Slurry Construction (PDF)

Information about California wastewater prepared and distributed by Water Education foundation

Layperson’s Guide to California Wastewater (PDF)


Stormwater – Best Management Practices for Sprinkler Testing (PDF)